Subject: Update on networking for interop

Hi all,

An update on networking setup for the interop. We'll have approx 28 IP
addresses with Internet access. The networking people are ok allowing
inbound connections on the ports we requested (80, 8000, 8080 and 3389)
but warn that the machines will be exposed to internet worms and have to
fend off for themselves. If we want, we can restrict inbound access to
only a subset of our 28 IP addresses.

My take at this point is to allow inbound on these ports for all
addresses and we all make sure our OS patches and firewalls are up to
date. Since most machines will act as managers they pretty much all need
to be servers.

Let me know if you think otherwise and would like to designate some IP
addresses to be shielded from inbound access on the ports listed above.

Also, contrary to what I said on the call this morning, please bring
your own ethernet cable. I will have some extras in the room but I have
to beg and steal for them so I am not sure exactly how many I'll find.
Thanks.

Regards,

William