Subject: RE: [wsdm] WSDM capabilities chart

Barry,

This is a nice way to view all of the WSDM capabilities in a concise manner. I will suggest a couple of changes, but I may not be understanding the intent of your document so feel free to accept/reject them as needed.

- To me the labels at the top indicate something that a given capability defines. So I would not add GetResourceProperty as an operation to all of the capabilities. I would only add operations such as QueryRelationshipsByType which are defined by the capability. I also would probably not put the type of properties in a separate column, but list properties with their name and type in the Properties column. If you want the Type column, you could put types defined by the capability in that column, such as RelationshipType.
- There is 1 case where you spell out the namespace for XMLSchema, I would just use the prefix "xs" as you have done in other places.

Nice work,
Bryan

From: Barry Atkins [mailto:barrya@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 10:35 AM
To: wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [wsdm] WSDM capabilities chart

In an effort to better understand WSDM, I have started a summary chart of the WSDM capabilities from the MUWS & MOWS specifications. Although it is a work in progress, I would appreciate any feedback, suggestions, contributions and corrections from those more familiar with the specs than I am.

Thanks!
Barry

Barry Atkins
Advisory Programmer