Subject: Calculating Response Times for the interop

I have now implemented response time display in the WcMgr application as
a horizontal thermometer. This allows for the dynamic display of reponse
times with about a 2 second refresh interval.

I have had quite impressive looking demos with changing response times
by allowing each weather station to have a base response time and a
variation range. A random fraction of the variation range is added to
the base response time each time the LastResponseTime property is
called. Sample values for base response time are 0.8,0.6,0.4 and 0.2 ms.
Variation ranges of 0.1 are noticably visible in the UI.

If you make your base response and variation configurable we can have
what look like real response times and still be able to control who will
get selected during a demo. We can decide at the F2F what each vendor's
Base response time will be. I have attached a screen shot of the new
WcMgr so you can see how it expresses LastResponseTime.

Also, I am only relying on the S or seconds field of the Duration
element. Your response times should look like this: P0Y0M0DT0H0M0.561S .
Only fractions of a second will be used in the UI. This assumes weather
station's respons times are in msec which seems reasonable to me.

-Bill

WcMgr.gif