Subject: RE: [wsdm] Products that support WSDM 1.0

Hi John,

Hello again.  It seems like only Tuesday since I last saw you.  :)  Let me
just say that I am not in favor of this.  Most of the TC members here are
involved with WSDM from some commercial aspect-whether in product planning,
engineering or solutions architecture.  I, for one, do want to appear as
though there's a perceived conflict of interest in 'recommending'
products-especially if the list of products are exclusively products of TC
Member Companies.  I don't think that the TC would want to come across as a
consortium.

I believe we are in the position of creating a specification that is taken
by others to create cool things. Of course, we will all benefit from the
great knowledge we've gained from this TC and will somehow use the knowledge
commercially.

Thanks again,
Vaughn

-----Original Message-----
From: John DeCarlo [mailto:jdecarlo@mitre.org]
Sent: Friday, October 07, 2005 9:06 AM
To: wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [wsdm] Products that support WSDM 1.0

Hello everyone,

With WSDM 1.0 out, and a successful public interop, more and more people are
asking me what products do or will support the specifications.

So, I hereby volunteer to put together a document of products that support
WSDM 1.0 (or should it be by specification?).  And I volunteer to keep it up
to date.

If people would email me publicly releasable information about current
products, upcoming releases of current products, new products, etc. , I will
put it all together and send it back to the group for review.

I think that this information would be a useful tool for promoting WSDM as
well.

All feedback welcome.

Thanks.

--

John DeCarlo, The MITRE Corporation, My Views Are My Own
email:      jdecarlo@mitre.org