Subject: Groups - MOWS OperationOperationalStatus Proposal (MOWS OperationOperationalStatus Proposal.doc) uploaded

I have two proposals for handling Operation Operational Status in MOWS.
This first follows the same pattern as Fred used for Operation Metrics
(namely, using attributes to designate the operation in multiple occurring
properties).  The second proposal puts the burden on the application to
extend an "empty" Operation Operational Status capability for each
operation that is to be supported.  This capability is simple enough
(having only one property, as opposed to the Operation Metrics capability)
to make this alternative workable, IMHO.  It also has other advantages as
well, such as opening up the operation operational status to direct access
by GetResourceProperties.

Also, I indicate (tentative) mappings between the values of an
OperationOperationalStatus property and the states of a request (the WSLC
Request State model).  I suspect this mapping will have to be discussed
further, since we are breaking new ground here.

Unfortunately, I have other commitments today and Monday, so it may not be
able respond immediately to comments, but I look forward to your comments.

 -- Kirk Wilson

The document named MOWS OperationOperationalStatus Proposal (MOWS
OperationOperationalStatus Proposal.doc) has been submitted by Kirk Wilson
to the OASIS Web Services Distributed Management (WSDM) TC document
repository.

Document Description:
Two proposals on handling OperationOperationalStatus capability in MOWS

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsdm/document.php?document_id=15096

Download Document:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsdm/download.php/15096/MOWS%20OperationOperationalStatus%20Proposal.doc