Subject: Last minute issue in MUWS Primer

MarK’s readability edits uncovered an issue.  In Chapter 5 there’s a section entitled 5.2 How to tell a client where to find schema for elements used in xs:any. 74.   The solution to this problem lies in the use of the GetResourcePropertiesDocument (mistakenly referred to as the GetResourcePropertyDocument in the text).  The issue is that the version of WS-ResourceProperties on which WSDM 1.0 is based does not support this operation.  We have eliminated references to it from Chapter 2.

Unless someone wants to quickly write up a substitute solution of the problem that doesn’t make use of the GetResourcePropertiesDocument operation (which is doubtful), I think we should just eliminate the section at this point.   Any objections to my eliminating it?  (We can save for the 1.1 version of Primer.)

Kirk Wilson
CA Inc.
Architect, Development
Office of the CTO