Subject: RE: [wsdm] Comments on MUWS Part 1 1.1

Gosh,

Thanks.  Talk about wanting a vacation!  :)

:V

From: Heather Kreger [mailto:kreger@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2006 1:36 PM
To: wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [wsdm] Comments on MUWS Part 1 1.1

Hi,
I had a few comments on the specs, mostly minor

1. Page 5 - Add WSRF Resource definition, can we get one from the RF spec? And qualify the current 'Resource' def with 'IT Resource'.
2. 276-290 The new paragraphs on composability are really hard to parse, although I agreed with the concepts... slowed me way down .. Mark Ellison ... can I beg some help?
3. Should WEF Correllation properties be in MUWS Part 1 or Part 2 (I just don't remember and want to be sure)
4. Page 13 , line 376 'Top-level elements'... Is the right term here 'children of the Root'? Bryan... why do we use one term vs the other?
5. Page 16 lines 468 - 475 I would like to change from 'To be effective ... to ... 'Additionally, an event MUST contin an EventId that is uniques across event types within the source.' to be :
"To be effective, the WSDM Event Format provides the following essential information:
- the EventID that is unique across event types within the source
- the time the event was reported
- the identification of the resource experiencng an event, called the source
- the identification of the reporter of the event, known as the reporter. In most cases the source reports its own event, thus the identity of the reporter and the source are the same.
- the correllation properties for coordinating sets of events
Typically further information is needed to describe the semantics of an event. "

6. Page 20 line 650 - MUST NOT assume ... should probably be MAY NOT. We just went through a lot of explanation on how managers may not handle 2 IDs and then we say they have to. This MUST makes it sound like they have no choice but to evaluate correllatable names every time and its really domain specific whether thats true.
7. WS-Addressing Reference needs to point to whatever WSRF and WSN are pointing to.. I think there's an URL for it now
8. Pg 29, don't bold Tony Gullato
9. pg 30 - update the copy right to be 2003-2006

Minor editorials:
1. LIne 262 : change 'If a resource' to 'When a resource'
2., Line 264: change 'properties' to 'properties and operations'
3. LInes 570-572 are blank

Othewise its looking really good Vaughn! Great job for being the new editor and new to the work!

Heather Kreger
STSM, Web Services Lead Architect for SWG Emerging Technologies
Author of "Java and JMX: Building Manageable Systems"
kreger@us.ibm.com
919-543-3211 (t/l 441) cell:919-496-9572