Subject: RE: [wsdm] Comments on MUWS 1.1 Part 2

Hey all,

See my changes and comments in blue below listed as  [Vaughn Bullard says:] .

The files have been uploaded as (In Titles):

MUWS 1.1 VJB CHANGES FOR VOTE
MUWS 1.1 VJB CHANGES FOR VOTE-Changes Accepted
MUWS 1.2 VJB CHANGES FOR VOTE
MUWS 1.2 VJB CHANGES FOR VOTE-Changes Accepted

Thanks,
Vaughn

From: Heather Kreger [mailto:kreger@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 10:54 PM
To: wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [wsdm] Comments on MUWS 1.1 Part 2

Hi,
I had the following comments on MUWS Part 2 1.1.

I didn't find the new WEF internationalization elements... did they make it into the Feb 16th draft?

Broken Refs: 71, 72, 1154, 1284 [Vaughn Bullard says:] DONE.  Was a simple 'Update Field' for that table
Syntax (extra periods, and other nuisanses) [Vaughn Bullard says:] (FIXED A BUNCH OF THESE; about twenty that weren't described in the previous note)
199,  change to 'This MUWS  specification also does not ... manageable resource, stored, or made available'. [Vaughn Bullard says:]  DONE
206: change to 'These elements are Capability and Validwhile.'. [Vaughn Bullard says:]  DONE
1047,  change to 'may have properties, operations, and ' [Vaughn Bullard says:] DONE
 1064, 1078,  1326,  1329,  .. [Vaughn Bullard says:]  DONE
1441 'insection' change to 'in section' [Vaughn Bullard says:] SQUARED AWAY

Technical clarifications/questions
118 - Are the namespaces right? [Vaughn Bullard says:] I believe so but I will double check this today!  This will take some time to validate.
136 - Is WS-Addressing using Ref parameters in this way still? [Vaughn Bullard says:] I have the latest spec doc and will review this later in flight.
163 - Since WSRF doesn't require GetResourceProperty... should we?  Should we require GetResourceProperty OR QueryResourceProperty???? [Vaughn Bullard says:] I thought that we settled on GetResourceProperty despite the fact that WSRF doesn't require it?
203 - We should indicate here that WSRF is working on WSRMD and we will probably use this in a future release. (like lines 256-260) [Vaughn Bullard says:] FIXED, but to me looks odd.  Everybody please take a look at it.
435 - Message Catalog section is missing from example and section [Vaughn Bullard says:] Will Fix on flight.
674 - Missing metadata for State property (mutable, not modifiable, etc. ) [Vaughn Bullard says:] Are we actually defining the state metadata here?  Because the wording reads as follows:  "State values are defined in the operational state model for the resource. This specification does not define the operational state model for any resource."
905 - Clarify that a counter increases based on some resource situation, not just every time you get the counter. So.. it doesn't really always increase by when its collected. [Vaughn Bullard says:] This is done.  Please review for readability.
995, 1024 - Add statement that these events are property change events (as documented in previous section) [Vaughn Bullard says:] WILL fix this today in flight.
1265, 1314 - MUWSE namespace prefix - is that right? or should it be muws2? [Vaughn Bullard says:] I believe it is correct, Kirk, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this was one of the issues that we had to deal with before.  Kirk and I were coordinating on these namespaces.  But looking at it now, it looks odd to me!
1568 - don't bold Tony Gullato's name [Vaughn Bullard says:] Does Tony not want to feel special?  Just messing Tony!  DONE
1584 - fix the copyright to add 2006 [Vaughn Bullard says:] DONE.  But it certainly would be nice to add some legal jargon like "In Perpetuity" so we never have to change that.
1492 - references section needs to be updated to point ot Committee draft of specs.. also in non normative section [Vaughn Bullard says:] Will fix this today when I am validating namespaces, etc.

We'll go over all these comments on Thursday
Heather Kreger
STSM, Web Services Lead Architect for SWG Emerging Technologies
Author of "Java and JMX: Building Manageable Systems"
kreger@us.ibm.com
919-543-3211 (t/l 441)  cell:919-496-9572