Subject: Fw: [wscm] Merged milestones from breakout groups for requirements work

Forwarding a response from Bob Haugen regarding my earlier message on the
eBTWG work. Bob is not on this list so please directly include his e-mail on
any response for his attention.

David
----- Original Message -----
From: "bhaugen" <linkage@interaccess.com>
To: "David Russell" <dr@bindsys.com>; "Charles F Wiecha"
<wiecha@us.ibm.com>; <wscm@lists.oasis-open.org>
Cc: "Welsh, David" <David.Welsh@nordstrom.com>; "David Russell"
<dr@bindsys.com>
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2002 2:12 PM
Subject: Re: [wscm] Merged milestones from breakout groups for requirements
work

David R,

I expect this message will be bounced from the wscm list.
You're welcome to forward it if you want.

Thank you for the kind words.

For those who want to get acquainted with our work,
I recommend:

Introductory presentation:
http://www.ebtwg.org/projects/documentation/collaboration/ppt/BCPMC_over
view.ppt
First simple example, very incomplete:
http://lists.ebtwg.org/archives/ebtwg-bcp/200201/msg00011.html

As always, watch out for word wrap on long URLs.

Several more (and more complex) examples
are in the works.

Re REA: it is a well-developed, sound and simple
ontology for economic relationships.  eBTWG is
using REA as the foundation for a "domain-specific
language" for orchestrating the formation and execution
of economic contracts (e.g. long-term contracts,
orders, fulfillment, payment, etc.).

Prof William McCarthy of Michigan State U has been
working on REA for 20 years.  You can think of it as
a distillation of the main concepts and relationships
in business application systems.  The concept diagram
fits on one page.

McCarthy's online REA papers:
http://www.msu.edu/user/mccarth4/

eBTWG and ECIMF are now using REA as their
business ontology: http://www.ecimf.org/
It's in process of adoption in ISO.

If WSCM uses REA too, we may all find it
easier to interoperate.

Please notify us if you do anything with our ideas,
or have any comments or suggestions that we
could use.

I can't keep up with all the various groups in this
space, so could you also point us to the best
intro to the WSCM or WSIA  (I scanned the
mailing list and noted a name change
somewhere...)?

Good luck,
Bob Haugen