wsn message

Use case:
I have a number of subscriptions active, through various "NotificationProducers" (say, a news source, a stock quote source, latest baseball scores, flight information for my upcoming trip) and with various consumers (my email, my cell phone, instant messaging via whatever device is handy).  At some point, I want to do something to all these subscriptions at once (pause/resume/cancel, or maybe redirect the email messages to a different email address, or whatever).

Currently, using the IRP, this would involve sending the appropriate message to each "SubscriptionManager" involved.  In this human-sized use case, that might not be burdensome, but there should be similar but more automated cases with larger numbers of subscriptions involved.

Using explicit subscription IDs probably doesn't help much, because there are multiple NPs involved (and even with a single NP, different subscriptions could have different subscription management endpoints, if only for load balancing).

I don't know what WSDM could do here -- I need to come up to speed on that a bit.
Possible Solution:
Use WSN.  We would need some mechanism for a subscription (whether specified as a single endpoint or as (manager endpoint, ID)) to be able to accept control messages from a topic instead of just a request/response connection.  But with that in place, I only have to publish the control message to the appropriate topic, and voila -- all the subscriptions will hear it.

One possible mechanism would be to use the SubscriptionManager endpoints as NotificationConsumers.

But how do I know if it worked?  If I'm pausing a single subscription, I'll get a response or fault back.  But with multiple subscriptions, I'll need to listen to an asynchronous stream of responses/faults (or if there are many subscriptions, probably just faults, with success implied).

It just so happens we have a means of listening to an asynchronous stream right at hand . . . just subscribe to a topic (or topic set).  And in fact, subject to security, anyone else can listen to the same topic (or set) and find out when subscriptions are being modified or deleted.  Or when they're created, if we allow for that.

That said, I wouldn't want to require using WSN in such a situation.  I would prefer to have an administrative interface which uses notification (with a small 'n') and which MAY do this notification via WSN.