wsn message

Subject: RE: [wsn] Multiple endpoints in IRP?

(with my TC member hat on, not my chair hat)

The statement you pointed out is really just a reinforcement of the
rules of the IRP. And, as Steve says, it doesn't imply any capability to
address WS-Resources as groups. Or did I misunderstand your question
David?

William

________________________________

From: Steve Graham [mailto:sggraham@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2004 1:43 PM
To: David Hull
Cc: wsn@lists.oasis-open.org

hi David:
I would think that one of our WSDM colleagues could comment further.
But from my read of the statement you quoted from WSDM MUWS, it was
simply observing that a manageability endpoint (eg a Web service
endpoint) may be the front end for multiple resources.  Therefore the
IRP must be used to identify any single one of those resources.  I
didn't get the read that there was any capability implied to access a
group of more than one resource with a single EPR.  This is not possible
from what I understand of WS-Addressing.

sgg

++++++++
Steve Graham
(919)254-0615 (T/L 444)