wsn message

"Patil, Sanjay" <sanjay.patil@sap.com> wrote on 03/03/2005 10:18:05 PM:

> Hi Steve,

> I wasn't suggesting to merge the SubscriptionManager interface into the
> NotificationBroker interface. Rather I was thinking if it makes sense to include
> the SubscriptionManager interface definition in the WS-NotificationBroker WSDL file
> for the sake of completeness.

Ah ok, sorry for the misunderstanding.  Would you imagine this could be accomplished
by use of wsdl:import, or do you suggest the SubscriptionManager interface be defined
in the WS-Brokered Notification namespace as well?

> Regarding the net effect of introducing a broker intermediary ... I agree that we
> should allow the NotificationBroker to delegate the SubcriptionManager
> functionality. Taking the same line of argument, should we then also allow the
> broker to delegate the NotificationConsumer as well as NotificationProducer
> behaviors. Why should  we require that there be a single aggregate
> NotificationBroker interface (and therefore a single endpoint!) that supports
> operations from the NotificationConsumer and the NotificationProducer interfaces?

Good question.  To me, the motivation for the aggregation is that it is exactly
the combination of the consumer (for publish) and producer (for subscribe etc.) that
is the essence of what it means to be a broker, hence it seems to make sense to combine
these into one interface.