wsn message

Subject: Delivery vs. Submitting for delivery

This is in (at least partial) fulfillment of my long-standing action
item to look through BaseN and find places where the notion of delivery
needs to be tightened.

There are many of these scattered throughout the document, saying things
like "the NotificationConsumer will receive" and "the
NotificationProducer will send/deliver" and a few other wordings.  I
believe that most of these can be fixed by standardizing on "the
NotificationProducer will produce", leaving open the question of whether
they arrive, with a special note early on discussing the distinction
between producing and actually delivering.

While reading through for this, it occurs to me that the whole
organization may flow a bit better if we introduce the
NotificationProducer interface first, and only then the
NotificationConsumer interface and Notify messages in particular.  In
particular, I believe there are more dependencies from Notify to the
particulars of the Subscribe request than vice versa.  I also believe
that NotificationProducer is the fundamental component and so should be
discussed first if possible.

I will re-queue this action as "propose text for the discussion of
producing vs. delivering" and, given that we resolve to do so, produce
an editor's draft with the requisite changes "scattered throughout the
document".