wsn message

Subject: Verifying implementation of issues to mark them "resolved"

Hi all,

Following-up on my AI from the call this morning, I went to verify that
2.34, 2.35, 2.37 and 2.38 have been implemented by the editors and can
be marked RESOLVED.

I verified that 2.35, 3.37 and 2.38 are reflected in draft "e" and
should be marked RESOLVED. Sanjay, can you please make the change in the
issues list document?

On 2.34, I verified that the current draft does include additional and
more specific faults. But there seems to be some inconsistency between
the text and the WSDL. For example, here is the WSDL description for the
"subscribe" operation:

      <wsdl:operation name="Subscribe">
         <wsdl:input  message="wsntw:SubscribeRequest" />
         <wsdl:output message="wsntw:SubscribeResponse" />
         <wsdl:fault  name="ResourceUnknownFault"
                      message="wsntw:ResourceUnknownFault" />
         <wsdl:fault  name="TopicPathDialectUnknownFault"
                      message="wsntw:TopicPathDialectUnknownFault"/>
         <wsdl:fault  name="InvalidTopicExpressionFault"
                      message="wsntw:InvalidTopicExpressionFault" />
         <wsdl:fault  name="TopicNotSupportedFault"
                      message="wsntw:TopicNotSupportedFault" />
         <wsdl:fault  name="UnsupportedTopicExpressionFault"
                      message="wsntw:UnsupportedTopicExpressionFault"/>
         <wsdl:fault  name="SubscribeCreationFailedFault"
                      message="wsntw:SubscribeCreationFailedFault"/>
      </wsdl:operation>

And here are the faults defined in the text of the spec:

- Unable to create subscription
- TopicPath Dialect not understood
- InvalidFilter
- Invalid TopicExpression
- Unsupported TopicExpression
- Unacceptable InitialTerminationTime

In some cases, it is easy to map from one to the other (like guessing
that "UnsupportedTopicExpressionFault" in the WSDL corresponds to
"Unsupported TopicExpression" in the text). But others don't seem to
match ("InvalidFilter" and "Unacceptable InitialTerminationTime" don't
seem to have counterparts in the WSDL and in the other direction
"TopicNotSupportedFault" which appears in the WSDL does not apper in the
spec). In general, I think there should be unambiguous mapping between
the two so maybe the text should also specify what the corresponding
fault is called in WSDL.

I think this needs to be fixed before 2.34 is marked RESOLVED.

Regards,

William