wsn message

Subject: Draft updates

Attached please find an edited (but not yet checked-in) draft of BaseN.
The changes are listed in the change log (but please note that this may
not be 100% complete), and include several of the issues on the list
Sanjay posted, general changes to reflect the status of the draft, and
integration of material from the whitepaper.  The security section
includes both the whitepaper material and the proposal I posted earlier,
though they don't play well together.

I've removed definitions not actually referenced in BaseN from the
definitions section, though a couple remain that are only referenced in
other definitions.  Note that "NotificationMessage" became
"Notification", because we already speak of a NotificationProducer
producing Notifications, and there was no use of Notification in the
given sense of the act of generating a NotificationMessage message.  I
left the NotificationMessage sub-element of the Notify message
unchanged, as changing it would affect the actual form of the message,
as opposed to how we talk about it.  We can always go back to
NotificationMessage, but all things considered, the new form is shorter,
reads better and seems to make more sense.

I also removed quite a bit of generic material from the whitepaper
discussion of security.  E.g., taking care to secure headers is generic
to sending secure SOAP messages.

wsn-WS-BaseNotification-1.3-draft-01g.doc