wsn message

Subject: Re: [wsn] Topic/filter metadata in Notify message

Steve Graham wrote:

I thought we agreed to make the topics component optional in the Notify.
Right ... so you can leave that out if you want.  The question is, can you put anything else in if you want?  I had thought there was open content, but there doesn't seem to be.

The other question is to what extent the core needs to talk about topics at all, or if you prefer, to what extent are topics "just another filter"?

++++++++
Steve Graham
(919)254-0615 (T/L 444)
STSM, IBM Software Group, Web services and SOA
Member, IBM Academy of Technology
<Soli Deo Gloria/>
++++++++

David Hull <dmh@tibco.com>

05/27/2005 12:36 PM

cc
wsn@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject
Re: [wsn] Topic/filter metadata in Notify message

Steve Graham wrote:

+1 to Sanjay.

We had the notion of filter previously (we called it selector) but did not choose to add it to the "metadata" in the Notify message.   I don't see that anything has changed to compel us to rethink this bit.

So what's so special about topics?  Also, wasn't that decision taken prior to making topics optional?

sgg

++++++++
Steve Graham
(919)254-0615 (T/L 444)
STSM, IBM Software Group, Web services and SOA
Member, IBM Academy of Technology
<Soli Deo Gloria/>
++++++++