wsn message

Subject: Draft version h

Attached please find draft "h" of BaseN.  I started by accepting all changes in draft "g", on the assumption that we could recover that information from draft g itself.  Please double-check everything here for typos.

I have fully executed on these issues in this revision:
  • 2.33
  • 2.48
  • 2.51
  • 2.52
These appeared already to have been done, whether by myself or others.  All of them will need to be verified:
  • 2.6
  • 2.36
  • 2.39
  • 2.43
  • 2.50
  • 2.53
  • 2.54
I have partially executed on these (see notes below):
  • 2.1
  • 2.23
  • 2.24
  • 2.34
  • 2.46
  • 2.49
These remain to done, though some of them have been started
  • 2.25 (need to define and describe Destroy message)
  • 2.32 (schema changes needed)
  • 2.45 (may already be done -- I didn't check)
  • 2.46 (may need schema changes -- see below)
  • 2.47
I've also made a few editorial changes.  I've explained the reasons behind them in comments.

In trying to execute on some of the partially executed issues, I've run across a few potential issues:
  • 2.1 (Topics option) I don't believe we have quite made a clean break here.  For example, FixedTopicSet is still REQUIRED (by its cardinality) regardless of whether topics are supported.  Also, GetCurrentMessage requires topics.  I'd like to open an omnibus issue for this (and other points I've already sent to the list) and at least clarify whether the current status is acceptable.
  • Issues 2.24 and 2.25 interact.  If an NP or SM is not a Resource, what does the boilerplate about WS-RAP mean?  I've removed that boilerplate for the nonce (more by accident than proactively).  There should probably be a general statement in section 2 to the effect that WS-RAP applies where WS-R behavior is supported, or whatever we really want to say.
  • The useRaw element should only occur once.  I've added a MUST to that effect, but ideally this should be in the schema.  Currently, we put useRaw inside {useRaw|any}*, which says it can occur any number of times.  Either it should be before everything else, with cardinality 0 .. 1, or we should find another way to impose the constraint in the schema.
  • 2.47 Do we want to include attribute extensibility everywhere?
  • Is 2.34 subsumed by 2.49, or am I missing some distinction?
  • Around line 540, we say that the NP MAY refuse to process subscriptions and later it MAY return a fault.  What is the behavior if it doesn't?
  • Section 6 needs to be boiled down a bit.

wsn-WS-BaseNotification-1.3-draft-01h.doc