wsn message

Subject: RE: [wsn] WS-Topics issue reviews

Peter,

I think the text is more clear now, and it is good to have a reference
to the example in section 4. I believe this example is sufficient.

Bryan

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Niblett [mailto:peter_niblett@uk.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 8:12 AM
To: Murray, Bryan P.
Cc: wsn@lists.oasis-open.org

Bryan

Thank you for doing the review of WSN4.2. There is an example of a
TopicSet containing child Topics in section 4. It wasn't changed marked
as it has been in the document for a while. I'll post a revision of
WSTopics (01g) that includes a pointer to section 4.2 at the start of
section 7.

I've revised the words at the start of section 7 to include this
pointer, and also to try and make the mapping a little clearer. Would
you have time to give it a quick check?

7.0 Modeling Topic Sets in XML

The WS-Topics XML Schema contains element and type definitions used to
create Topic Set documents. A Topic Set document gives an XML
representation of the set of Topics supported by a NotificationProducer.
It has the wstop:TopicSet element as its document root, and contains
zero or more XML elements that represent the Topics in the Topic Set.

   - If a Topic is defined as a root Topic of its Topic Namespace it
MUST
      appear as an immediate child of wstop:TopicSet. In addition, if
this
      Topic comes from any Namespace other than the ad-hoc Topic
Namespace
      described in section 10, then it MUST be represented by a
      namespace-qualified element, with a Namespace name that is the
      targetNamespace of the Topic Namespace. Note that Extension Topics
      (as described in section 6.1) are root Topics and so are subject
      these conditions.

   - If a Topic is not a root Topic it MUST be represented by a
      non-qualified (NCName) element, and MUST NOT appear as an
immediate
      child of wstop:TopicSet.

Section 4 includes an example TopicSet showing both root and child
Topics.

Peter Niblett

             "Murray, Bryan

             P."

             <bryan.murray@hp.
             com>                      <wsn@lists.oasis-open.org>

cc
             05/12/2005 19:47

Subject
                                       [wsn] WS-Topics issue reviews

During the 5 Dec. call I was asked to verify the text for issues 4.2,
4.23, 4.24. I noticed on the list that all of these issues have been
verified. I decided to look at the text for these issues anyway.

I agree that 4.23 and 4.24 are OK.

Issue 4.2 deals with text in section 7. I think that section 7
adequately describes how a root topic is transformed into a TopicSet
document. However, I am not sure it is obvious to someone that has not
been a part of the TC how a non-root topic is transformed into a
TopicSet document. A sub-topic would be a child element of its parent
topic. I think an example might help demonstrate this fairly complex
transformation.

Bryan