Subject: Re: [wsrf] question about property value cardinality

Thus quoth Keith Swenson (~ 05-May-04 7:21 AM ~)...

> Here is a citation from the notes of the Apr 28 meeting:
>
>     *Q:* (Fred) Is the resource properties value multi-valued
>
>     A: No.
[I being the "Fred" in question...]

The question more completely stated had to do with whether the
wsrp:ResourceProperties attribute on the wsdl:portType element was
multi-valued.  That is, was it possible to associate multiple resource
property documents with a single portType.

Sorry for the misunderstanding...

> I don't understand this answer.  If the properties are only allowed to
> be single valued, the simple Get/Put operations would be sufficient.
> But WS-RP includes  Get/Update/Insert/Delete  operations.  This implied
> to me multiple values, otherwise Update and Insert are only minimally
> different.
>
> Can someone clarify why there are all four operations for single valued
> properties?
Restating the above, properties can have multiples.  The question was
about the wsrp:ResourceProperties attribute...

Hope that helps...

/fred

--
Fred Carter / AmberPoint, Inc.