Subject: RE: [wsrf] Modelling sessions

William:

> In your scenario, I think it is ok to model both the session
> and the database as WS-Resources. They are both stateful
> resources and can get their own reference.

I think your answer raises some worrying points about the implied
resource pattern. Things which are clearly not resources (like sessions)
have to be reduced to resources to fit in. This is not a natural thing
to do - there are far better ways of modelling sessions than perverting
the resource model.

I would like to propose that the TC considers the prospect that the
resource-oriented model is insufficient or inelegant for some cases
(like sessions), and properly plan for the interplay between stateful
resources (however much I may object to their explicit naming) and other
architectural entities.

To simply reduce everying to a resource is unrealistic.

Jim
--
http://jim.webber.name