Subject: RE: [wsrf] Singleton Resource Pattern

Jim:
Interesting point.  All of the WSRF is Web services at its heart.  So calling the "singleton resource pattern" a Web service would also lead us to describing all realizations of the "implied resource pattern" as Web services, and therefore losing the distinction we are trying to examine.

What we did with WSRF was examine the "Web service" a bit more closely, by looking at one possible way that the relationship between the Web service message processor component can be related with zero or more "stateful resource" components.  This relationship was termed "implied resource pattern".  The "singleton resource pattern" is a variant on the more general "implied resource pattern" theme.  Since the thread was talking about the implied resource pattern, the naming of the terms reflects this.

sgg

++++++++
Steve Graham
(919)254-0615 (T/L 444)