Subject: RE: [wsrf] Singleton Resource Pattern

What would get/setProperty mean against the standard stateless character of the base Web Services definition? Before these become useful, you need some manner of modeling state. It seems to me the primary thrust behind defining WSRF is having a standard definition of how to model such stateful web services and as someone who has needed to idiosyncratically model state within the WSRP protocol, I see a lot of value in that effort.

Rich Thompson
OASIS WSRP TC Chair

"Sedukhin, Igor S" <Igor.Sedukhin@ca.com>

07/12/2004 02:55 PM

Steve Graham/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
cc
<wsrf@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject
RE: [wsrf] Singleton Resource Pattern

Then what value does the implied pattern add to the use case I have included?

Why does resource pattern have to depend on WS-Addressing, EPRs and customizations of those?

Why can't GetProperty/SetProperety be defined independently?

-- Igor Sedukhin .. (igor.sedukhin@ca.com)
--
(631) 342-4325 .. 1 CA Plaza, Islandia, NY 11788