Subject: RE: [wsrf] Singleton Resource Pattern

Steve,

To reiterate. The separation has nothing to do with the notion of the "state". Can we try to look at things from a different perspective for a second?

1) access to properties (irrespective of one's view on the state). Just like sending SOAP message says nothing about the state, sending SOAP message to get a property value does not need to say anything about state. This is just a convention that simplifies some programming tasks and both could be described in WSDL. Very useful in general.

2) How to use WS-Addressing to identify stateful resources. This is just A way, not the only way. It may apply to 1), but does not have to.

-- Igor Sedukhin .. (igor.sedukhin@ca.com)

From: Steve Graham [mailto:sggraham@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Monday, July 12, 2004 6:38 PM
To: Vambenepe, William N
Cc: Sedukhin, Igor S; Rich Thompson; wsrf@lists.oasis-open.org

I don't see the purpose to define how to access state when it is not clear how to identify the stateful resource.

++++++++
Steve Graham
(919)254-0615 (T/L 444)
STSM, On Demand Architecture
Member, IBM Academy of Technology
<Soli Deo Gloria/>
++++++++

"Vambenepe, William N" <vbp@hp.com>

07/12/2004 06:12 PM

        To:        "Sedukhin, Igor S" <Igor.Sedukhin@ca.com>, Rich Thompson/Watson/IBM@IBMUS, <wsrf@lists.oasis-open.org>
        cc:

+1 to Igor. Defining a way to reference a resource accessible through a Web service is not bad. It is just different from defining a Web service interface for querying properties and the two are better handled independently.

Regards,

William