Subject: WSRF WSDL problems with MS tooling

This has actually been an issue for some time, and I should have raised it
formally before now.

The WSDL for WSRF-RP, WSRF-RL and WSRF-SG all use <xsd:include> which the
Microsoft tooling (wsdl.exe) does not handle properly. Although it is
legal WSDL, wsdl.exe cannot handle an included schema with the same
targetNamespace as the <xsd:schema> element it is being included into.

For example in the WSRF-RP WSDL:
    <wsdl:types>
      <xsd:schema
         targetNamespace=

 "http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrf/2004/06/wsrf-WS-ResourceProperties-1.2-draft-01.xsd";
         elementFormDefault="qualified"
         attributeFormDefault="unqualified">

        <xsd:include schemaLocation=

 "http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrf/2004/06/wsrf-WS-ResourceProperties-1.2-draft-01.xsd";
        />

And in the WSRF-RP xsd:
 <xsd:schema
   xmlns:wsrp=

 "http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrf/2004/06/wsrf-WS-ResourceProperties-1.2-draft-01.xsd";
   elementFormDefault="qualified" attributeFormDefault="unqualified"
   targetNamespace=

 "http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrf/2004/06/wsrf-WS-ResourceProperties-1.2-draft-01.xsd";

The targetNamespace of the <xsd:schema> element in the WSDL matches the
targetNamespace of the <xsd:include>'d schema from the XSD.

However, wsdl.exe does correctly handle <xsd:import>. So, there are a
couple of questions:

1. Should we change the WSDL to allow processing by wsdl.exe?

2. If we do change the WSDL, how should we resolve the issue?

	I think the simplest change that would allow wsdl.exe to process
the WSDL would be to change all the <xsd:include>s to <xsd:import>s. This
would, however, necessitate changing the target namespace of the
imported schemas. If people want to suggest other potential fixes, I will
test those out as well.

Glenn

---
Glenn Wasson