Subject: [wsrf] Deleting a subset of the values from a multi-valued property

In reading through this draft, the semantics of the delete operations requiring the removal of all values for the named property stood out. The key for me was that there is no means provided for deleting a subset of a multi-valued property's members. Steve tells me this is because there is no well-defined means for identifying a member within such a set. The result of this is that a client having such a need will need to delete the set and then re-insert the current members that need to remain. This isn't the cleanest semantics, but hopefully languages such as XQuery will provide clean solutions once they move through the standardization process. In the meantime, I would suggest adding a section to the AppNotes to provide guidance to developers needing to implement such a use case.

Rich

Steve Graham/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS

11/29/2004 09:07 AM

wsrf@lists.oasis-open.org
cc
Subject
[wsrf] Groups - wsrf-WS-ResourceProperties-1[1].2-draft-05.e.doc uploaded

The document wsrf-WS-ResourceProperties-1[1].2-draft-05.e.doc has been submitted by Stephen Graham (sggraham@us.ibm.com) to the OASIS Web Services Resource Framework (WSRF) TC document repository.

Document Description:
Typos detected by Ian Robinson

Download Document:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrf/download.php/10272/wsrf-WS-ResourceProperties-1%5B1%5D.2-draft-05.e.doc

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrf/document.php?document_id=10272

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above links do not work for you, your email application
may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to copy and paste