Subject: Minutes of the teleconference call held on Monday 29th Nov.

The minutes are stored here:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/10359

And attached as html.

(See attached file: WSRF TC [29Nov04] notes[1].htm)

Regards, Tim Banks
IBM TP Architecture & Technology. Hursley, UK.
Phone: External +44 1962 815639, Internal 245639
Title: WSRF TC notes

Notes from the OASIS WSRF TC teleconference
29th November 2004

Roll call

The roll call is kept on the TC web site under the meeting record.

See http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrf/event.php?event_id=4808

Approval of minutes from the previous teleconference call (15th November)

See http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/10282

There were no comments on the minutes and no objections to approving them.

Other Action Review

(DaveS) Collect requirements for renewable references, including from Grid community - Pending.  Action (Dave) Put this on the agenda next time.

(SteveG) Make up sentences to describe the embodiment styles for Issue 76 - Done.

(SueM) Decide whether the WSDL embodiment can satisfy DAIS usage - Pending. Action (Dave) for the agenda next time.

(GlenD) Propose text to improve the description of the WSDL embodiment. (Issue 77) - Pending.

(SteveG) Complete updates to WSRF-RAP, WSRF-RP and promote to Editors Drafts - Done.

(Bryan) Move issues 78, 79 and 81 to ‘Open’. Remove issue 80 - Done.

(ALL) On 25th Nov (When WSRF-RP is refreshed) review all specs for

inclusion of  resolutions to issues 6, 56, 49, 53, 30, 43, 71, 4, 9, 24, 27,

48, 75, 76, 25 ready for next call (29th Nov). See Item #9 below. - Deferred

to later in the agenda.

(Bryan) Clarify status of issue 76 – should be ‘resolved’ based on existing proposal - Done, set as resolved.

(Bryan) Move issue 10 to ‘resolved’  - Done

          Move Issue 20 to ‘Closed’    - Pending question from Tim to move it to App notes.

          Move issue 25 to ‘resolved’. - Done

          Move issue 50 to ‘resolved’  - Done.

New Issues - Bryan

WSRF82: WSDL 1.1 embodiment too strict

(IanR) Is this really ongoing discussion under issue 77?

Action: (Bryan) Delete the issue.

WSRF83: Value change notification

(Bryan) Are these due to value change operation or internal changes?

(SteveG) We need to see where the misunderstanding lies.

(DaveS) But we need an issue to make sure it’s clear.

(SteveG) The phrase ‘Request notification of changes’ surely means everything that changes.

(Bryan) But ‘executing or observing’ in the next paragraph needs to be changed.

Action: (Bryan) Move to Open.

AppNotes Outline

Based on the posting last week, what do people think about the structure:

1          Introduction

2          Base WS-Resource Framework Application Notes

3          Extended Application Notes: Composition with other Specifications

4          Extended Application Notes: Use of WS-RF by Other Specifications

Is the format OK, are there some more scenarios needed, and would anybody like to help?

(?) What is the boundary between the Primer and part 2. A section on issues discussed in the TC might also form part of the App Notes.

Action: (John Fuller) - will help with the ASAP interaction with WSRF.

Face-to-Face planning

(IanR) Should we co-locate with OASIS symposium in New Orleans in April 24th-26th. Is there anyone for or against?

(SteveG) Meeting at that time might tempt/enable less-frequent attendees to participate.

(Rich) An alternative, to avoid conflicts with other group meetings is to meet in the preceding week. WSRP face-to-face is the week of 24th. Rich has a conflict.

(WilliamV) William also has a conflict for 24th - 26th.

(IanR) One disadvantage is the need to fund the meeting in hotels rather than a participant company.

Updated working Drafts.

We need to move from editors drafts to committee drafts, which means publishing the documents at the correct URL.

(DaveS) We need to finalize issue 76

(IanR) We should be able to close 6, 56, 49, 53, 30, 43, 71, 4, 9, 24, 27, 48, 75, 76.

This list will be emailed after the call.

Proposed: (Ian) to migrate the specs to the 2004/11 namespace.

(No Objections)

(IanR) We need to resolve an issue with namespaces of pseudo-schema in ServiceGroup vs other specs.

Action: (Ian)  to raise an issue to correct ServiceGroup specification to align with other specs/wsdl/xsd usage.

(TimB) Issue 81 also affects this- we need to resolve that first. The last email from SteveG (http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrf/email/archives/200411/msg00018.html) asked for opinions: mine is that the proposal to use the .wsdl namesace for the inline schema would work.

Action: (Tim) Draft a proposal on resolution to issue 81.

Open Issues

WSRF  72: PutResourceProperties

Igor not on the call to support the proposal.

(SteveG) This is not straightforward, what happens for things which are read only?

(DaveS) We need a concrete proposal.

(IanR) This should be Ig

Action: (Igor) Put forward a proposal as to how this would be done with respect to the semantics issues etc.

WSRF 51: Reference to WS-AtomicTransaction in WSRF-RP

(Ian) The ResourceProperties spec references Atomic Transaction which is not closed as specification. We could change this to point to other specs, (but others also open), remove the reference, or make a non-normative reference and list examples of transaction specs.

Proposed to make the reference non-normative.

(No Objections)

Action: (Bryan) Move to ‘resolved’.

WSRF52: Delete will always fault if minOccurs > 0

(IanR) DeleteResourceProperties as described will always fault if minoccurs >0. We need clarifying text to warn the reader.

(SteveG)This could be done in appnotes.

(Bryan) That’s fine.

(No Objections)

Action (Bryan): Update Issues with resolution.

WSRF64 Post Server Validation Infoset  (PSVI)

What are the rules for server-side or client-side validation of the message?

Action(MartinC): Write a clarification of the issue.

Meeting closed 17:26 est

Summary of actions

(DaveS) Add to agenda for next call: Collect requirements for renewable references, including from Grid community (DaveS).

(DaveS) Add to agenda for next call: Can the WSDL embodiment satisfy DAIS usage? (action for SueM)

(Tim) Resolve pending question re: issue 20 resolution regarding moving this to App notes.

(Tim) Draft a proposal on resolution to issue 81.

(Bryan) Move issue 83 to Open. Delete issue 82, Move issue 51, 52 to ‘resolved’.

(Igor) Put forward a proposal to resolve issue 72 - how this would be done with respect to the semantics issues etc.

(MartinC): Write a clarification of the requirement for issue 64.