Subject: RE: WSRF-RP docs

Bryan et al.,

I don't think the text you quoted conveys (or implies) what you're
saying it's supposed to. I think it must be referring to the RP doc
schema definition, and not the RP doc. In that case, it would come
closer to making sense, but, IMO, still would not be sufficiently clear.

Coming from someone with above average reading comprehension, if I don't
grasp what the spec is trying to say, I don't think other implementors
will either. I think the spec should be explicit as possible about how
various use cases should be handled by implementations.

I suggest rewording the paragraphs in question in section 5.2 as
follows:

/wsrf-rp:GetResourceProperty/QName
This QName MUST represent the name of a property element that could
legally be contained
in the resource properties document (i.e. the resource properties
document schema
definition must either explicitly contain an element with the given
QName OR it must
contain an xsd:any element).

-----

/wsrf-rp:GetResourcePropertyResponse/{any}
The resource property value, as an XML element, that corresponds to the
QName in the
GetResourceProperty request. Note: in the case where the resource
property document
does not contain a property with the QName specified in the request, if
a) the resource
property document schema definition contains an element with the given
QName, or b)
the definition contains an xsd:any element, the response MUST be an
empty
wsrf-rp:GetResourcePropertyResponse element. If neither a) nor b) is
true, a
InvalidResourcePropertyQName fault MUST be returned.

-----

I suggest rewording the corresponding paragraphs in section 5.3
similarly.

Regards,
Ian

| |
| | Hi Ian, yes - if you take a look at the process in the top of the
| | issues doc, it gets marked as resolved when we've agreed a
| resolution,
| | and as closed when the doc has been updated (and the update
| accepted).
| | In fact, this one *is* closed - Steve was quoting from an
| old copy of
| | the issues list; the one dated 12/6 does have it as closed.  The
| | change is (or should be) made in the 30th November draft of WSRP,
| | which is a publicly-viewable PDF version.  I reviewed that version,
| | and Bryan confirmed that the resolutions were done
| correctly before he
| | updated the issues list, but I haven't just been through it
| - I have
| | to get on the
| | road.   Are you able to see it? I'm attaching it in case
| not, for any
| | reason.
| |
| | - Jem
| |
| | Springer, Ian P. wrote:
| |
| | >Jem,
| | >
| | >Yep, I'm an observer in all three TCs. I guess I just
| didn't look in
| | >the right place. I checked the latest draft document under
| | the document
| | >store (or what appeared to be from the date) and it did not
| | address the
| | >below issue. When an issue is marked as resolved, shouldn't
| | the spec be
| | >updated to reflect the resolution?
| | >
| | >Thanks,
| | >Ian