Subject: Re: [wsrf] DeleteResourceProperties comments

The editorial clarification sounds OK and would also apply to section 5.5
(SetResourceProperties with SetRequestComponent = Delete).
I'm not so sure about the DeleteResponse - I believe we'd be better off
keeping this simple, as is.

Regards,
Ian Robinson
STSM, WebSphere Messaging and Transactions Architect
IBM Hursley Lab, UK
ian_robinson@uk.ibm.com

             "Murray, Bryan
             P."
             <bryan.murray@hp.                                          To
             com>                      <wsrf@lists.oasis-open.org>
                                                                        cc
             13/12/2004 23:30
                                                                   Subject
                                       [wsrf] DeleteResourceProperties
                                       comments

I think this is an editorial change for the DeleteResourceProperties
operation, but if not let me know and I will create an issue for it.

The text (section 5.8 in version draft-05.e) does not currently indicate
what should happen when a request to delete an optional property
(minOccurs="0") is received and the property is currently not
instantiated. Also, a multi-valued property that does not have any
instances currently would have a similar response. I suggest we indicate
that in these cases that the delete should succeed, as the properties do
indeed exist and are deletable, the count just happens to be 0.

Also, I would like to hear what others think of having the
DeleteResponse return the number of instances deleted. This would be
useful, for instance, in a GUI to indicate to the human user the number
of instances removed.

Bryan