Subject: Re: UUID [was: Oracle's Requirements/Issues list]

<SK>
Could you then enlighten me with an errorprone-less GUID generator logic
without a case where clients don't talk a centralized server? Yes, it's
RFC2822 mandated MessageId, but still to me it is a complex (& nasty :))
one. Especially in a "reliable" spec., don't you want to be 100% sure that
the Id is indeed "globally" unique.
</SK>

I cannot see how != 100% relates to "nasty". Anyway, web search by these
keywords "3400 A.D. uuid urn" might give you some interesting results. Or,
you can check references in ebXML Registry specs.

Hope this helps,
Nikola