Subject: Re: [wsrm] Oracle's Requirements/Issues list

 Scott,

Scott Werden wrote:

  WSDL currently is not on the list of base protocols (as defined in 1.3 of the WS-Reliability contribution). If we do the

Yes, it was not in the base specification list of the WS-Reliability spec., but I thought the WS-RM TC would like to discuss this and has been discussing this. Infact, Issue 14 (REL-14) already has a wsdl requirement/issue.

following as a normative part of wsrm, then we need to be specific about WSDL versions. I am a little hesitant to use 1.2

I agree, until wsdl 1.2 is final we shouldn't have any reference to it. I should change "when using wsdl 1.2 ...." to "If wsdl 1.2
is used ..."

unless it is in final stages of review. As discussed in the thread on bindings, I am not sure wsdl descriptions should be a normative part of wsrm anyway.

I agree on the <wsdl:binding> front, that it can be atmost in the appendix but not normative. But what I was asking
was not <wsdl:binding> thing, but a way to 'declare' RM operations on <wsdl:operations> & <wsdl:portTypes>. By
standardizing this, we could avoid (hopefully) proprietary definitions in our own DDs or WSDLs.

-Sunil

 Scott Werden

  • WSDL declarations for RM operations: The WSDL extensible mechanisms (annotations)  should be employed to declare/define  (statically) RM operations  such as MO, DE, GD either at <wsdl:operation> or at <wsdl:portType> level or at both. When using WSDL 1.2, we could use the WSDL 1.2 properties & features.