Subject: Re: [wsrm] Input for Requirement document

Hi Magdolna, Attached a rough sketch of the use cases of pull model. I hope it clarifies how it works. Sorry for this late response, since I was taking holidays last two weeks with limited access to e-mail. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Iwasa ----- Original Message ----- From: <magdolna.gerendai@nokia.com> To: <kiwasa@jp.fujitsu.com>; <wsrm@lists.oasis-open.org> Cc: <iwasa97@hotmail.com> Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2003 8:33 PM Subject: RE: [wsrm] Input for Requirement document > Hi Iwasa, > > I think it could help and clarify the use cases 2. and 3. if you draw them. > > br, > Magdolna > > -----Original Message----- > From: ext iwasa [mailto:kiwasa@jp.fujitsu.com] > Sent: April 22,2003 13:59 > To: wsrm-TC > Cc: iwasa97 > Subject: [wsrm] Input for Requirement document > > > All, > > Here are Fujitsu's input to Requirement document. > This may not be consistent with the Requirement > document Nokia provided before. > > 1.Synchronous request/response messaging. > As discussed before, it is important to support > this model, since SOAP is used with this model > in most cases. > > 2.Firewall consideration > We want to realize the asynchronous messaging > through firewall. This could be realized with Pull model. > Example of Pull model: > When PC inside firewall receives a message, > it initiates a connection to sender every XX minutes > to pull a message in sender's storage which was > prepared for the receiver. Thus connection is > always initiated from the receiver. > > 3.Client/Limited resource device consideration > Pull model also helps Client or limited resource > devices which can send a message, but can't > receive a message, to receive a message from others. > Since these devices may not have static > IP address, nor capability to stand-by for incoming > message. > > 4.Attachment support > We want to make sure the spec is available to use > attachment, and include such description. > Eg. MIME, WS-Attachments > > 5.Consideration for other WS-XX spec > As described in the charter, that the spec should be > consistent with other WS-XX spec standardized > by standard body. And it might be appropriate > for this WG to consider consistency with WS-RM spec, > if it doesn't violate any other's IPR. > > Thanks, > > Iwasa > >

Pull model.ppt