Subject: Definitions proposal

		Hi,

 I have had an action point to define some of the basic terms in question. Here I send you the definition proposals

	Best regards,
		Szabolcs

Crash tolerance:
----------------
 We say that an implementation of a specification is crash tolerant, if it is able to resume sensibly or continue operation in case of a hardware failure.

Fault tolerance:
----------------
 We say that an implementation of a specification is fault tolerant, if it is able to resume sensibly or continue operation in case of an application or hardware failure.

Persistant data
---------------
A message or part of a message is considered to be persistent at a given node if it is stored in a persistent storage during its lifecycle at that node.

Persistant storage:
-------------------
Persistant storage is a repository for statically stored data.

Static
------
A static data storage is a data storage that retains information even while power is turned off.

Synchronous SOAP HTTP binding:
-------------------------
 We say that synchronous SOAP HTTP binding is in use if SOAP messages are sent in both HTTP request and respond messages. We refer to this binding as "synchronous" in order to acknowledge HTTP transactions' blocking behaviour as the more common case.

Asynchronous SOAP HTTP binding:
--------------------------
 We say that asynchronous SOAP HTTP binding is in use if SOAP messages are sent only in HTTP Requests, no SOAP-level data is conveyed in the HTTP response messages. We refer to this HTTP binding as "asynchronous" in order to emphasize that using this HTTP binding, all SOAP-level messages are completely independent on the transport level.

SOAP intermediary:
 A SOAP intermediary is both a SOAP receiver and a SOAP sender and is targetable from within a SOAP message. It processes the SOAP header blocks targeted at it and acts to forward a SOAP message towards an ultimate SOAP receiver.

Participating intermediary:
 A SOAP intermediary is considered to be participating, if it is a participant node in the formal Message Exchange Pattern description, so that it can change the message flow described in the Message Exchange Pattern definition.

Non-participating intermediary:
 A SOAP intermediary is considerend to be non-participating, if it is transparent to the SOAP Message Exchange Pattern, so that it cannot change the message flow described in the Message Exchange Pattern definition. A non-participating intermediary can only transform the SOAP messages flown through it under normal operation.