Subject: Re: [Fwd: FW: [wsrm] RE: WS-ReliableMessaging Spec Workshop Invitation -- Please Forward as Appropriate]

Colleen,
I undersand your concern about WS-RM.

I know that many pieces of WS functionality are related to each other
and that we should see a piece as a part of a big picture. I personally
respect you and IBM for the effort on GXA.
Through the discussion with other TC members, now I know they are
also aware that compatibility with related specs is important.

However, let me point out that the pieces do not have to be always tightly
coupled with each other.

In fact, now we are modifying WS-R ver 1.0 to OASIS WS-RM ver 1.0
and trying to make it orthogonal to (and, thus compatible with) other
specs (such as WS-Security, WS-Policy, WS-Addressing).
I would appreciate it if you could point out any specific issues in the current
spec. Your opinion is always welcome.

I do not think OASIS WS-RM would ruin your effort on GXA.
(Instead, it would accelerate realization of GXA)

Regards,
Junichi Tatemura
NEC Laboratories America, Inc.

PS.
Please understand that Alan was not offending you in his last message
but soliciting your collaboration.