Subject: Re: [wsrm] WS-Reliability and ebMS

Hi,

I don't see any comments to the questions,
so I will try to answer them.

>         I would like to know how one would compare WS-Reliability and
> ebXML Messaging Service. Both technologies provide reliability in the
> messaging level. Does this mean that the two protocols, i.e., reliability
> solutions, will be very similar as they evolve? How would an enterprise
> choose among WS-Reliability and ebMS, both of which are SOAP-based?

I think just comparing ebXML MS and SOAP with WS-R
might not be appropriate to make a decision which you should choose.

I think the ebXML is comprehensive framework
for B2B, and it is including necessary functions
for B2B like Reliable Messaging and Security.
And it is going to be used in various industries
and various governments for their B2B infrastructure.

On the other hand, WS-Reliability will be used
for Web Services in general. Since the current
SOAP doesn't provide reliability. WS-Reliability
is created from Reliable Messaging in ebXML MS,
to make it usable with SOAP, without requiring
other portion of ebXML.

So if you want to have an infrastructure for B2B,
I would recommend to use ebXML, since it has
not only messaging, but also BPSS and other
useful functions works together.

But if you want to use SOAP, WSDL and potentially
UDDI as an infrastructure for Web Services,
WS-Reliability might be better.

>         Is it fair to say WS-Reliability is used to exchange parameters
> as it uses SOAP body to carry those parameters? On the other hand, ebMS
> uses SOAP with Attachments and it is more suitable for document exchange
> application?

WS-Reliability will be able to use with attachments with the version
we are working on. So there would be no distinction
regarding attachment capability.

I hope this e-mail answers to your question.

Thanks,

Iwasa
Fujitsu Limited

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/members/leave_workgroup.php