Subject: Re: [wsrm] New issue - namespace

RFC3121 [1] describes the OASIS URN namespace, with examples. In terms
of format, here's an example from the OASIS/ebXML Registry TC - we use a
URN format rather than a URL format:

urn:oasis:names:tc:ebxml-regrep:rim:xsd:3.0

I believe there is an "official"

So ours could be:

urn:oasis:names:tc:wsrm:XXXX:xsd:1.1

Where XXXX is some distinguishing identifier for the particular schema,
and 1.1 (or 2.0) is the version.

In terms of distinguishing identifier, in the Registry TC we have:

rim = Registry Information Model
rs  = Registry Services
(these are our 2 specifications)
lcm = Life Cycle Manager
query = Query Manager
(these are our 2 interfaces)

Kind Regards,
Joe Chiusano
Booz | Allen | Hamilton

[1] http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc3121.html

iwasa wrote:

> Here is a new issue:
>   - Namespace should be changed to OASIS namespace.
>
> Proposed Resolution:
>   We use OASIS namespace for the spec.
>   A proposed format would be:
>   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/(TC name)/schema/ws-r-(version).xsd
>
> Does anyone know what should be in (TC name) ?
> We should be able to put the schema at the location.
>
> And the version number is other issue to discuss.
> I think we have two choices for version number
> as follows:
>     - Ver1.1
>     - Ver2.0
> I slightly prefer Ver1.1. Any comments?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Iwasa
>
> You may leave a Technical Committee at any time by visiting http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/members/leave_workgroup.php
begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano