Subject: Prelim Minutes to WSRM TC meeting 8/26

The prelim minutes are attached.

Please post any correctionf before Thursday PM.  I will post the final
minutes on friday.

Title: Draft Agenda to WSRM TC Conference Call – May 06, 2003

Prelim Minutes WSRM TC Conference Call – August 26, 2003

The meeting of the WSRM TC took place by teleconference
Tuesday August 26, 2003, from 5:30 to 7:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time
(UTC - 4)

The call in details wer as follows :

Dial-in numbers:
----------------
Toll Free - : 1-800-605-5167
International - : 1-719-457-0339
Passcode: 732072

0         Draft Agenda:

Draft Agenda to WSRM TC Conference Call – August 26, 2003

The next meeting of the WSRM TC will take place by teleconference
Tuesday August 26, 2003, from 5:30 to 7:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time
(UTC - 4)

The call in details are as follows :

Dial-in numbers:
----------------
Toll Free - : 1-800-605-5167
International - : 1-719-457-0339
Passcode: 732072

The draft agenda is as follows:

1 Roll Call
2 Minutes Discussion
2.1 Appointment of Minute Taker
2.2 Approval of previous meeting minutes

8/12/2003 Teleconference minutes:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/3229/MinutesWSRMTC-812.htm

3 Discussion of Issues:
  <check for up to date issues list >

4 Discussion of Editor’s Draft Requirements Document

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/3194/Web_Service_Reliability_Requirements_v0_8.pdf

5. Discussion of agenda and attendance for Boston F2F meeting

Jacques explained they want to Add discussion of Plan for Demo, on Thurs on 1:oo PM to 2:00 PM Thurs Sept 4 th.  They can forward details on demo to those interested.

Proof of concept for ws rm v 1.0, is what they based demo on.

Participation NEC, Hitachi, Oracle, Fujitsu are committed for now.

Jacques described that they will pair off to demonstrate features of protocol.  This is a demonstration of feasibility, using out version 1.0 features.

Making a demo early is to provide feedback to specification.

Alan asked if participants have a future trade show in mind for a more complete demo.

Jacques agreed to be a focal point for other members who are interested in participating in future demos.

Alan stated the demo is a good idea.

Do are working with the host MITRE.  They will fill in details with Doc on this.

Agreed to put hour on agenda for the demo.

Sunil asked about if we can make a formal sub TC for this effort.

Doug B stated the procedures for subteams vary by committee, and the way to decide is by a vote to determine the process for any particular TC.  UBL subteams are very different from those in VT TC.

There are logistics involved from Kavi mechanics.  Doug would recommend looking at process on OASIS web site.

Tom Rutt suggested to put feasibility demo subcommittee discussion on the agenda for Friday Morning.

Doug stated the for agenda for next week’s meeting.  The items are separate in the agenda.  One if we want to have multiple formal subteams, followed by a specific one regarding a subteam for proof of concept.

Iwasa posted a new editor’s draft to the web site.

Iwasa stated the document is updated with resolutions for some issues.  The issues resolved in the document are 18 (combined message type), 21 (remove from/to), 54 (remove service element), 46 (change location of fault element), 53 ( remove message ID)

Examples are not changed.   Need to be updated.  Synch / asynch needs to be changed.

Iwasa will try to update remaining issues.  He will post the document by Friday evening Japan time.  The document has a list of solved issues to document.

1         Roll Call

First Name

Last Name

Email

Company

Voting Level

Jeff

Turpin

jturpin@cyclonecommerce.com

Cyclone Commerce

1

Durand

jdurand@fsw.fujitsu.com

Fujitsu

Kazunori

Iwasa

kiwasa@jp.fujitsu.com

Fujitsu

1

Tom

Rutt

tom@coastin.com

Fujitsu

1

Jishnu

Mukerji

jishnu@hp.com

Hewlett-Packard

1

Robert

Freund

bob.freund@hitachisoftware.com

Hitachi

1

Eisaku

Nishiyama

nishiy_e@itg.hitachi.co.jp

Hitachi

1

Nobuyuki

Yamamoto

no_yama@bisd.hitachi.co.jp

Hitachi

1

Ben

Bloch

ben_b54@hotmail.com

Individual

1

Mark

Hansen

khookguy@yahoo.com

Individual

1

Junichi

Tatemura

tatemura@ccrl.sj.nec.com

NEC Corporation

1

Alan

Weissberger

ajwdct@technologist.com

NEC Corporation

1

Magdolna

Gerendai

magdolna.gerendai@nokia.com

Nokia

1

Szabolcs

Payrits

Szabolcs.Payrits@nokia.com

Nokia

1

Sunil

Kunisetty

Sunil.Kunisetty@oracle.com

Oracle

1

jeff

mischkinsky

jeff.mischkinsky@oracle.com

Oracle

1

marc

goodner

marc.andrue.goodner@sap.com

SAP

1

Doug

Bunting

doug.bunting@Sun.com

Sun Microsystems

1

Chi-Yuen

Ng

cyng@csis.hku.hk

U of Hong Kong

1

Patrick

Yee

kcyee@cecid.hku.hk

U of Hong Kong

1

Meeting is quorate.

2         Minutes Discussion

2.1      Appointment of Minute Taker

Tom Rutt will take minutes.

Doug agreed to take issue resolutions.  He has not yet posted a new item on the web site.

2.2      Approval of previous meeting minutes

8/12/2003 Teleconference minutes:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/3229/MinutesWSRMTC-812.htm

Bob Freund moved to accept minutes, Iwasa seconded.

No opposition, minutes approved.

3         Discussion of Issues:

3.1      Rel 56

This was deferred from last meeting.

Doug summarized current status:

Alan sent out detailed email at the end of July, that has seen little discussion on the email list.  Iwasa has referenced it in a couple of places, in his recent emails.

The issue stated it is an action to read Alan’s email.

Parameters to carry in protocol elements.

Other parameters determined outside the protocol.

Alan mail:

All

Here is the original mail, which I  provide in-line comments IN CAPS/ UPPER CASE

alan