Subject: Re: [wsrm] Rel YY

Sunil Kunisetty wrote:

>Tom Rutt wrote:
>

>>Sunil Kunisetty wrote:
>>

>>> Jacques,
>>>
>>> Oracle will be supporting this proposal. However, I prefer that
>>>SequenceNumber
>>> be Optional rather than mandatory as you indicated in (P2). I
>>>understand that it will
>>> be difficult for schema validation, but I believe it will be much
>>>simpler and efficient
>>> for implementations.
>>>
>>> So essentially we should categorize all RM  into 3 different
>>>categories based on
>>> the elements used in RM Headers:
>>>
>>> 1) Grouped and Ordered Messages:          Group Id + Seq No.  +
>>>Message Order
>>>
>>>Same Group Id, Different Seq No.
>>>
>>> 2) Grouped and Un-Ordered Messages:    Group Id + Seq No.
>>>
>>>Same Group Id, Different Seq No.
>>>
>>> 3) Discrete & Independent RM Messages: Group Id
>>>
>>> We could then use the SequenceNumber sub-element has the toggle
>>>switch to
>>> distinguish Grouped Un-ordered with Discrete & Independent messages.
>>>

>>We could then use the presence of the SequenceNumber's status attribute
>>(an enum with first, more, and last) as the trigger for ordered delivery
>>of the sequenced group.
>>

> You mean instead of the proposed MessageOrder element in Request ( I guess
> that's what you meant below by saying rm-orderRequested).
>
> I prefer MessageOrder (or what ever is the name) sub-element as the
> triggering mechanism rather than the value of some attribute or sub-element
> to distinguish the category.
>
> Infact, that's the reason I preferred SequenceNumber as optional  and non
> existence of SequenceNumber to distinguish as an independent message
> rather than having it and value be 0.

It simplifies processing if all things having to do with the use of
sequence number occur
together in the message.  That way you do not have to look at another
header to determine
if the ordered delivery is requred.

The point is our existing syntax covers the semantics well.  Why add
another element
to another header (messageOrder element).  We already moved the status
attrbute to sequenceNumber, why move it back?

Tom Rutt