Subject: RE: [wsrm] Rel 33 and Rel 50, follow-up

Title: Rel 33
Following-up to last call, for our spec editor:

1. I propose that we format the resolution of Rel 33 as a set of two definitions in the Terminology section
(which I suggest should be renamed Definitions section, as it is not just about setting the vocabulary,
but also introducing precise and new semantics):

Message Delivery:
Action of transfering the responsibility of processing further a message,
from the RMP and onto the next processor entity. This action marks
the end of the RMP processing for this message. The time at which this action
occurs must be clearly indentifiable so that the next message processor
can always establish in which order two deliveries are made.
Examples of delivery are: pushing the message in a queue accessible by an application,
calling back an application component, storing the message in a database where
it is accessible by the next processor.

Acknowledgement:
An acknowledgement is a message containing an RM:Response element referring
to at least one previous message (and containing no RM:Fault element).
An acknowledgement means that the acknowledged message has been completely and
successfully delivered (see Message Delivery).

2. Here is the rewording of Rel 50 that was requested before it was approved, again formatted as a Definition item.

ExpiryTime:
As a mandatory element for each message, ExpiryTime indicates the ultimate time
after which the receiver RMP MUST NOT deliver a received message to the application.
After a message has been sent for the first time, ExpiryTime in a message
MUST NOT be modified in any case by the Sender, when resending the message:
two messages with same ID (i.e. duplicates) MUST have same ExpiryTime.
When a message expires on the Sender side before being either successfully sent or acknowledged,
a Sender RMP MUST NOT send it or resend it, and must communicate a delivery failure
to the Sender application.
NOTE:
- Given the above definition of ExpiryTime, in case duplicate elimination is required,
when a received message is processed, it is sufficient to only check for its duplicates
among IDs of past messages that have not expired yet at the time of the duplicate check.

Jacques