Subject: Re: [wsrm] Need to rethink semantics of duplicate elimination behaviour

Jacques,

I am not sure what you mean.  A message may be resent after the
receiving application has processed it.  The previous acknowledgment
could easily have been lost.  In effect, the sender is performing the
resend in order to retrieve the missing acknowledgment.  Of course, that
sender does not know or care whether the original message or the
acknowledgment was lost.

This all means we need acknowledgments for all messages sent reliably
whether duplicates or not.

thanx,
	doug