Subject: Preliminary Minutes of WSRM TC meeting 1/6/04

The prelim minutes are attached.

Please post corrections to the list.

Title: Draft Agenda to WSRM TC Conference Call – May 06, 2003

Preliminary Minutes WSRM TC Conference Call – Jan 06, 2004

The meeting of the WSRM TC took place by teleconference
Tuesday Jan 06 2004, from 5:30 to 6:30 PM Eastern Standard Time
(UTC - 5)

0         Draft Agenda:

Draft Agenda to WSRM TC Conference Call

1 Roll Call (late arrival no longer counts by OASIS rules)

2 Minutes Discussion

2.1 Appointment of Minute Taker

2.2 Approval of previous meeting minutes

3 Introduction to UML Model for State Charts

4 F2f Meeting schedule

5 Discussions of Issues

Agenda approves

1         Roll Call

First Name

Last Name

Email

Role

Company

Joseph

Chiusano

chiusano_joseph@bah.com

Member

Booz Allen Hamilton

Jeff

Turpin

jturpin@cyclonecommerce.com

Member

Cyclone Commerce

Durand

jdurand@fsw.fujitsu.com

Member

Fujitsu

Kazunori

Iwasa

kiwasa@jp.fujitsu.com

Secretary

Fujitsu

Tom

Rutt

tom@coastin.com

TC Chair

Fujitsu

Jishnu

Mukerji

jishnu@hp.com

Member

Hewlett-Packard

Robert

Freund

bob.freund@hitachisoftware.com

Member

Hitachi

Eisaku

Nishiyama

nishiy_e@itg.hitachi.co.jp

Member

Hitachi

Nobuyuki

Yamamoto

no_yama@bisd.hitachi.co.jp

Member

Hitachi

John

Fuller

jfuller@wernervas.com

Observer

Individual

Junichi

Tatemura

tatemura@ccrl.sj.nec.com

Member

NEC Corporation

Alan

Weissberger

ajwdct@technologist.com

Member

NEC Corporation

Magdolna

Gerendai

magdolna.gerendai@nokia.com

Member

Nokia

Sunil

Kunisetty

Sunil.Kunisetty@oracle.com

Secretary

Oracle

jeff

mischkinsky

jeff.mischkinsky@oracle.com

Member

Oracle

marc

goodner

marc.andrue.goodner@sap.com

Secretary

SAP

Pete

Wenzel

pete@seebeyond.com

SeeBeyond

Doug

Bunting

doug.bunting@Sun.com

Secretary

Sun Microsystems

Tony

Graham

Tony.Graham@Sun.com

Member

Sun Microsystems

Meeting was quorate.

2         Minutes Discussion

2.1      Appointment of Minute Taker

Tom Rutt will take minutes.

Doug agreed to serve for issue resolutions.

2.1      Approval of previous meeting minutes

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/4803/MinutesWSRMTC%201216.htm

Jishnu moved to accept the 12/02  minutes. Jeff Turpin seconded.

No opposition, 12/16  minutes approved.

3         Introduction to UML model for WS-Reliability Protocol

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/4878/WS-ReliabilityModelContribution-010504.pdf

To discuss in detail at F2F meeting.

Section 3.1 and 3.3.

State of process of a single message.

Discuss these at the meeting..

4         Discussion of Jan F2F

Wed Jan 14, 15 and 16.

Agreed to for 8:30 coffee time, 9:00 starting time, 5:30 ending time.

Friday go to 5:30 as well.

Bridge each morning from 9:00 to 11:00.

Sunil will send a mail with the detailed address.

Everyone who plans to attend send mail

Jishnu not

Joe Chiusano not

Tony not

Jeff turpin.

Thursday noon pacific time.

15

Send mail to sunil and tom if you plan to attend the meeting.

Conference bridge in mornings.

From 9 to 11 first day.

9:30 AM to 11 each day in morning.  For a conference bridge.

Bridge number will be send before the meeting.

5         Discussion of Issues

Iwasa posted new editor’s draft at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/4888/WS-Reliability-2004-01-06-withHistory.pdf

Change bars are relative to the three issues.  The place they have changed 2.5 and 2.4 and explanation for attributes.

Basline document for meeting, everyone should send comments to list.

Sunil posted new schema at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/4906/ws-reliability-2004-01-06.xsd

Sunil stated the changes are name changes, and style changes.

Use this for the baseline for meeting.  Send comments to list

Latest issues list:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/4907/wsrm-reqm-issues-2004-01-06.html

Doug introduced the updated issues list.

Resolutions are pointed to in the email archive.

Doug believes the current issue status are correct.

If anyone has problems they should send to the list.

What we can do after people have reviewed the latest schema spec doc, is close the 12 issues in the completed status.  We need to confirm that the accepted resolution has been reflected in the doc.

Tom suggested to put this on the agenda.

Doug suggested that we could do two things on this teleconf:

1)      go thru three remaining unassigned issues and see if anyone wants to take action to resolve them.

2)      Start at beginning of active issues and decided what the next step is for each of them.

Let Doug and Mark know what issues have been incorporated into the document.

5.1      Rel 45 Handling message delivery failure cases.

Sunil stated this is not an issue.

He wants time to get back  if it is so.

Doug will close no action after Sunil’s response.

5.2      Rel 80

Title: Need way to communicate configuration information Description:

If the spec has a configuration parameter in it we need a way to determine the information for both the sender and reciever. See REL-56

Tom stated that the necessary parameters are communicated in the protocol.

Jeff, we need to determine how to specify them and how to communicate them.

This could be rel 85.

Rel 56 describes configuration in spec.

Doug: we have a negotiation issue we decided to leave out of scope.

This is a policially viable subset.

Pete: Dale Mulberg referenced CTA.

Jacques; Retry interval, number of retries do not need to be communicated from rmps, but we need to be able to talk about them.

Jacques has a team working on rel 56.

Rel 80 is a subset of rel 30 closed, no action.

This is specifically having two parties learn about capabilities of other end.

Doug: could say out of scope at moment, and parms in rel 50 that are not part of the protocol do not need to be communicated.

This could come with Rel 56 subteam.

Jacques agreed to have the rel 56 team.

Doug moved to close the issue with no action. Jacques seconded.

No opposition issue rel 80 closed.

5.3      Rel 95

Configuration parameter visibility

Doug moved to close no action. Jacques seconded.

No opposition, issue closed.

5.4      Rel 22

Use of optionality.

Schedule a walkthrough at f2f to fix this.

5.5      Rel 29

Mandatory Features,  Which are mandatory to implement.

Doug asked if the group feels the protocol is stable enough to work on conformance.

Tom stated he belives we are ready to do this.

Put this on agenda for f2f.

5.6      Rel 49

Non normative wsdl annotation

Define non normative WSDL binding of WSRM operations in appendix to specification. This will allow sender to discover that a recipient supports the WS-RM protocol. Goes a bit deeper than just "I support WS-RM" to cover some granularity such as "I support ordered delivery". Granularity remains an open question.
Paulo concerned about closing REL-7. His concern may be addressed through this issue.

Sunil stated he send a proposal several months ago.  He has made some changes. He will send a proposal by Monday or Tuesday to discuss at face to face.  This is for server side.

Will put on the agenda to discuss at meeting.

5.7      Rel 59 thru Rel 79

Issues which correspond to our requirements document.

Doug: all of these will take some discussion, and we need to decide as a group whether we are meeting our original requirements.

Will put this on the agenda for the f2f meeting.

5.8      Rel 83 84, 85, 86

These are originated from Rel 56.

Jacques stated we can close rel 85, since it is covered by timing parameters.

Jacques state the rest should be handled as part of Rel 56 team.

The Rel 56 team will come up with a resolution of these with Rel 56.

Jacques stated that Rel 85 and Rel 86 will most likely be withdrawn.

Jacques agreed to work on a proposal for all of these together.

Jacques will put this on the list before the end of the week.

Rel 89 relates to rel 57, which has been completed.  Doug asked if it does relate.

Jacques, we did not set hard limits, but described the rules.

Jacques, we might need a global issue to have a fault to use in the case of memory or other resources being exceeded.

ACTION: Agreed to add this as a new issue.

Agreed to schedule a one hour telecom week after f2f.

Discuss the further schedule at the f2f.