Subject: Proposed Resolution to Rel 63, 64, 65, 89, 90, 91

 From Issues Rel 63, 64, 65, 89, 90, 91:

*REL-63* Spec feature Design Active

*Title:* Meet *Usage of WSDL 1.1 One-Way ops, R3.2* requirement

One-Way operations.

*REL-64* Spec feature Design Active

*Title:* Meet *Usage of WSDL 1.1 req/resp ops, R3.3* requirement

Request-Respose operations.

*REL-65* Spec feature Design Active

*Title:* Meet *Response RM-Reply Pattern req/resp, R3.4* requirement

Pattern for WSDL 1.1 Request-Response operations.

*REL-89* Spec feature Design Active

*Title:* Meet *Response RM-Reply Pattern one way, R3.5* requirement

Pattern for WSDL 1.1 One-Way operations. **

* *

*REL-90* Spec feature Design Active

*Title:* Meet *Polling RM-Reply Pattern one way, R3.6* requirement
Pattern for WSDL 1.1 One-Way operations.

*REL-91* Spec feature Design Active

*Title:* Meet *Polling RM-Reply Pattern req/resp, R3.7* requirement

Pattern for WSDL 1.1 Request-Reply operations.

-----------------

Rel 91 is not associated with a requirement, since there is no R3.7.
Thus it must be closed as not needed.

The requirement to support: Response RM-Reply pattern for WSDL
Request-Response operations is partially covered by the WS-Reliability
protocol in its current form. The current protocol has features to
satisfy all three of the reliability Qos requirements (GD, DE, OD) for
the request message of the Request-Response operation.

Since Piggybacking is allowed in the protocol (or not disallowed) the
current protocol can support duplicate elimination feature for the
response, since this does not require an ack for the response.

We agreed at the South San Francisco F2F to not support Guaranteed
Delivery (and thus not supporting Ordered Delivery) for the response
message of the request response operation, at least for the first
version of the protocol.

The requirement to support callback and poll RM-Reply patterns for
One-way wsdl operations is met by the current protocol.

The protocol does not support (and there is no requirement to do so)
mapping a wsdl 1.1 one-way operation onto the response RM-Reply pattern,
since this disobeys the WS-I BP 1.0. However, the protocol should not
require the Receiver RMP to detect that a one-way request has
erroneously been sent with the response RM-Reply parameter set, since it
should not require knowledge of the WSDL to operate. That it, if the
sender erroneously sends a one way wsdl operation with the response
reply pattern set, then the Receiving RMP may send an HTTP response with
a soap envelope, in violation of the profile.

Thus I propose we close all these issues, since the protocol meets the
requirements stated.

We should also add support for reliable response in WSDL request
response operations to a future version “wish list”.