Subject: Re: [wsrm] Ack message and Fault message

Sunil,

I found one other question - which is potentially
new issue.

Before diving into new question,
let me draw some quick example here
to make sure what you said:

1.Normal Ack Message without piggybacking
<soap:envelope>
<soap:header>
    <rm:Response>
         <rm:RefToMessageIds>
                <SequenceNumRange/>
         </rm:RefToMessageIds>
    </rm:Response>
</soap:header>
<soap:body/>

2.Fault Message with SOAP1.1
<soap:envelope>
<soap:header>
    <rm:Fault>xxxx Fault</rm:Fault>
</soap:header>
<soap:body/>

What I wanted to make sure were:
1. Ack message without piggybacking
    do not include <rm:Header> element.
2. Fault message without piggybacking
    do not include <rm:Header> element.
And it seems to be correct with Sunil's reply.

The new question is how we can notify
MessageId in the Fault Message.
I believe Fault message have to include
RefToMessageId for the fault.
Example 2 above can't identify the original
message that caused the fault.

There are three ways to fix this issue:
The first one is Fault message also include Response
element(Example 3 below).

The second one is
to change location of Fault element as child element
of Response element and allow it appears for Fault
message only.

The third one is
to add new Code element and RefToMessageId
element under Fault element(Example 5 below).
And I prefer the last one, since the first two may be
confusing. How do you think?

3.Candidate Fault Message with SOAP1.1 (1)
<soap:envelope>
<soap:header>
    <rm:Response>
         <rm:RefToMessageIds>
                <SequenceNumRange/>
         </rm:RefToMessageIds>
    </rm:Response>
    <rm:Fault>xxxx Fault</rm:Fault>
</soap:header>
<soap:body/>

4.Candidate Fault Message with SOAP1.1 (2)
<soap:envelope>
<soap:header>
    <rm:Response>
         <rm:Fault>xxxx Fault</rm:Fault>
         <rm:RefToMessageIds>
                <SequenceNumRange/>
         </rm:RefToMessageIds>
    </rm:Response>
    <rm:Fault>xxxx Fault</rm:Fault>
</soap:header>
<soap:body/>

5.Candidate Fault Message with SOAP1.1 (3)
<soap:envelope>
<soap:header>
    <rm:Fault>
         <rm:Code>xxxx Fault</rm:Code>
         <rm:RefToMessageIds>
                <SequenceNumRange/>
         </rm:RefToMessageIds>
    </rm:Fault>
</soap:header>
<soap:body/>

If I misunderstood or I am missing something,
please let me know.

Thanks,

Iwasa