Subject: REL-xyz:proposal to add a new attribute (messageType) to Response element

 I like to suggest that we add an attribute by name messageType to the
 response Header element to easily distinguish a RM-Fault message with
 an RM-Ack. Message. Currently we need to check for the existence of
 the Fault Header (for SOAP 1.1_ to distinguish an Ack. To a Fault.
 This is some what tedious and instead having a simple attribute with the type
 of the message will make it simpler and less error prone.

 This attribute can have any one of the following 2 values: Acknowledgment or Fault.

 We have 2 ways to go wrt optionality:

 1) Make it mandatory and require that every message has the type mentioned.
 2) Make it optional and default to Acknowledgment.

 I prefer Option (2)

 Issue Editors,

 Could you please add this a new issue?

 Thx!
 -Sunil

 PS: This may be a resend as I had problems when sending the previous one.