Subject: Proposal for Rel 106

Rel 106 Group termination after delivery

Should a reciever only update group termination value for messages which
are delivered?

-----------
The sender is only sure that a request was received when it gets the ack
from the Receiving RMP.

Although, it might increase  the degree of synchronization of the
Sending RMP's knowledge of the Group termination parameters in use
by the Receiving RMP, if the Receiving RMP only updates its group
termination paramter values after it has sent an acknolwedgement
to the message which contains the new parameter values sent by the
sending RMP, such protocol behaviour adds complexity to the protocol.
It is much simpler to have the receiver update the group termination
parameters it uses as soon as it receives a new value from the sender.
This will ensure that the sender's desires are reflected as soon as
possible in the receiver's protocol behaviour.

Since we are sending the group termination parameter with every request,
the receiver's knowledge of the sender's intent will be reflected back
to the sender on an ack to a subseqent message to one that is lost..

Thus I recommend we anser the question as no for the specification, and
close the issue with no change to the text..