Subject: Re: [wsrm] message headers for Ack and Fault ??

Tom Rutt <tom@coastin.com> wrote at Thu, 12 Feb 2004 16:53:11 -0500:
> Tony Graham wrote:
> >The minutes from the January F2F [1] contain this section:
> >
> > ] 4.20 Rel 94
> > ]
> > ] Tom: does it clearly state that the poll can only be done for messages
> > ] which were originally send with this pattern set.
> > ]
> > ] Sunil: it does state this.
> > ]
> > ] Need to add a section about polling in section 2, with the model.
> > ]
> > ] Sunil: there is no general section on the model for polling.
> > ]
> > ] The header elements are properly defined in sections 3.3 and 3.4.
> > ]
> > ]  ACTION: Sunil took action to come up with additions to the model text
> > ]  for section 2.1 by Friday.
> > ]
> > ] Left open until modeling text is complete.
> >
> >Which is true? Is it true that poll can only be done for messages that
> >were originally sent with this pattern, or is it true that the Sender
> >can send a poll for a message that was specified to use the callback
> >pattern?
> >
> Rel 76 was resolved to state the poll request can be used as a general
> purpose status query.
>
> This happende at the Jan f2f, later in the minutes than what you quoted.

Thanks.  That explains why I couldn't find anything by searching for
'94'.

However, I still don't infer that conclusion from reading the current
section 2.10, Poll Reply Pattern Semantics and Usage.

Regards,

Tony Graham
Web Products, Technologies and Standards           Phone: +353 1 8199708
Sun Microsystems                                              x(70)19708
East Point Business Park, Dublin 3, Ireland