Subject: Re: [wsrm] message headers for Ack and Fault ??

Sunil Kunisetty wrote:

>>This is the essence of the resolution to REL 115 and Rel 108.
>>
>>The concern is the lowered funtionality of polling response.
>>
>>here is a pseudo exampl
>>
>><Faults>
>>    <Fault>
>>          <FaultType>  processingError </FaultType>
>>           <RefToMessageIDs> ... list of message ids which had that
>>fault ... </RefToMessageIDs>
>>     </Fault>
>>    <Fault>
>>          <FaultType>  BadHeader </FaultType>
>>           <RefToMessageIDs> ... list of message ids which had that
>>fault ... </RefToMessageIDs>
>>     </Fault>
>> </Faults>
>>
>>The above xml structure can cary a separate list of messageIDs which
>>were not delivered for a specific set of fault codes.
>>

> I've few questions:
> 1) How does a Poll response with no faults, i,e, a regular poll response look?

I intended the above faults to be added to the exsiting response schema,
after the current ref to message IDS delivered.  If there are no faults,
the structure avove is empty.

> 2) If a Callback Response has to be batched (especially want to batch fault responses)
>   , how does it do it?

Currently the text is unclear on callback response.  However, I assumed
the batching for callback can only be for acks.  Faults would
have to be sent each on their own callback request.

> 3) If the Poll with fault is for one msg only, then what is the relationship between
>     this header and that Fault header in 1.1 case and 1.2 fault subcode?

This is an interesting question, I assumed a fault for a poll would be a
fault in the data of a poll request.   The  current
syntax  (without my suggested  addition above) does not allow a poll
response to indicate that a message in the list
of the poll request was faulted.  It just does not appear in the list.
With my proposal above, a mesage which was faulted gets
indecated in the additional Faults element of the poll response.

>  4) What should be the response for Expired messages? In the current proposal,
>       they are ignored when responding.

continue to ignore them, they did not fault.

However you would not put them in the list of messages which were
delivered either.