Subject: RE: [wsrm] Why does Poll Request need Message header

Title: RE: [wsrm] Why does Poll Request need Message header

+1,
Even if the pollrequest is piggybacked,
an RM message header should not have meaning for the poll, but for
the business message.

Jacques

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Rutt [mailto:tom@coastin.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2004 10:32 AM
To: wsrm
Subject: [wsrm] Why does Poll Request need Message header

We agreed that the rm response, which is not itself a reliable message,
should not send the Message Header.

We moved the reply pattern to be an attribute of the response header.

Now I ask a new question,  if a poll request is not piggybacked on a
reliable message request., why does it need a message header?

There is no meaning to expiry time for the poll request, and there is no
need for a message id for the poll request itself.

It would simplify the protocol if the poll request message, which is not
itself piggybacked on a new reliable message request, does not include
the request header.

What do you think of this?