Subject: Re: [wsrm] New Clariication Issue on Service enforcement ofReliabiliy agreement

Jeff Mischkinsky wrote:

At 11:46 AM 2/24/2004, Sunil Kunisetty wrote:

>Tom Rutt wrote:
>
> > I just realized a new issue for clarification:
> >
> > What is the expected service behavior when the client does not respect
> > the agreemen (i.e, contract) specified for a web service (conveyed
> > through whatever means)?
> >
> > In this case, is it required that the service send a fault OR is it up
> > to the service implementation to decide. This has conformance
> > implications for the service.
> >

>  It should be left to the implementation as we are not mandating the
>  'negotiation'  thingy.

I think refers to what happens at runtime, after the "'negotiation'
thingy", however that occurs, has taken place. I.e. the client and the
server have in some fashion (could be hard-coded, telephone exchange, some
negotiation protocol exchange, etc.) and now one of them is breaking the
contract.

 Let the implementation handle the 'breaking the contract' case.
 Since our specification doesn't say how the  RMP provider could mandate that its request
 always have RM features, we should neither say the failures cases either.

 -Sunil

cheers,
   jeff

> > Example:
> >    a service that requires the use of callback (as specified in the
> > service contract) receives a message that uses another mechanism for
> > reply,    can the service still process the message OR it it required to
> > fault?
> >
> > --
> of the OASIS TC), go to
> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/members/leave_workgroup.php.
>

>To unsubscribe from this mailing list (and be removed from the roster of
>the OASIS TC), go to
>http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/members/leave_workgroup.php.

Jeff Mischkinsky                      jeff.mischkinsky@oracle.com
Consulting Member Technical Staff     +1(650)506-1975
Director, Web Services Standards      500 Oracle Parkway M/S 4OP9
Oracle Corporation                    Redwood Shores, CA 94065