Subject: Schema for SOAP 1.2

 I was about to venture into the WS-RM schema for SOAP 1.2 and realized
 that the only difference would be the namespace for the SOAP Envelope
 and the mustUnderstand attributes.

 So having 2 different schemas/namespaces is causing me some goose bumps.

 I've to admit that I was the one who initially suggested to have 2 different
 schemas/namespaces for SOAP 1.1 and SOAP 1.2. However, at that time
 strict schema validation is critical (ofcourse even now its important) and there
 are Header elements such as Fault Header which is used only for SOAP 1.1.
 And now that we have many occurrences such as existence of groupMaxIdleDuration
 and groupExpiryTime attributes and replyTo attribute for Response and Poll
 pattern which cannot be validated with schema and only thru' specification, so
 having both mustUnderstand attributes (one for soap11 and other for soap12)
 on HeaderBaseType doesn't look that bad either. We then have to say in our
 specification clearly that one of these attributes MUST appear with a fixed
 value '1'.

 2 different schema will result in more examples (we have 2 give atleast one
 example with soap 1.2 envelope), more appendixes, more maintenance,
 however, much cleaner.

 So essentially I don't know which is lesser of the evils... I want to finalize this
 before I come up with SOAP 1.2 schema for WSRM.

 Thoughts???