Subject: Re: [wsrm] List of open issues to discuss at 3/09 Teleconference

 Tom,

 Rel 119 is closed on the last call. Here are the notes from your minutes [1]

4.4      Rel 119 Sunil new Issue on Callback for Poll Request

New Issue

 <snip>

Sunil moves to accept his proposal and to add the clarification below:  Seconded by

Jishu

Minor open issue to clarify that reply to is not allowed for a poll and response reply pattern request.

No opposition, accepted.

 -SK

 [1] - http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/5811/MinutesWSRMTC030204.htm

Tom Rutt wrote:

I edited out the open issues for discussion at our meeting tomorrow.

We need to resolve these issues before our spec is complete.

Tom Rutt                email: tom@coastin.com; trutt@fsw.fujitsu.com
Tel: +1 732 801 5744          Fax: +1 732 774 5133

Issues which have been closed:

At redwood f2f wepending resolved Rel 29, leaving details to rel 92

On 2/10 we resolved: Rel106 with no changes to spe.

On 2/17 we resolved Rel 102

On 2/24 we resolved issues Rel 108, 115, 114, 116

On 3/2we resolvedRel 117, 118 – closed with no changes to spec

Rel 25 – close as requirement issue, spec issue 78 continues.

Rel 103 – close, already stated clearly in section 4.2.4.

Pending issues: rel 97, 105 are already applied.

Outstanding Specification Issues

id
Title
Status
Topic
Class
Spec
Section
Active
feature
Design
Spec
feature
Active
feature
Design
Spec
Active
feature
Design
Spec
Active
feature
Design
Spec
Active
meta
Design
Spec
Active
feature
Design
Spec

Other Outstanding Issues

id
Title
Status
Topic
Class
Spec
Section
Completed
administrative
Editorial
Issues
Completed
administrative
Editorial
Issues

Detailed List of Issues

id
Spec
Section
Topic
Class
Status
Raised By
Owner
REL-49
Spec
feature
feature
Design
Active
Title: Non normative WSDL annotations
Description: Define non normative WSDL binding of WSRM operations in appendix to specification. This will allow sender to discover that a recipient supports the WS-Reliability protocol. Goes a bit deeper than just "I support WS-Reliability" to cover some granularity such as "I support ordered delivery". Granularity remains an open question.

Paulo concerned about closing REL-7. His concern may be addressed through this issue.

6 Jan 2004: Sunil will resend his rather old (5-6 months old) proposal to the list. It will only deal with server side annotation showing WSRM support.

10 Feb 2004: At Oracle request, we will defer consideration of this issue for at least a week.

Proposal:

15 Jan 2004: Discussed during this meeting.

Sunil will provide complete proposal

3 Feb 2004: Sunil has instantiated Jacques idea of "RM capabilities" in a WSDL extension. Text about capabilities still not submitted though the WSDL syntax has been suggested. Both additions are non-normative and may not be necessary in our specification. Doug asked about this and Jacques somewhat accepted the point. Jacques intended his text (just now sent to the list but a repetition of something sent earlier) to provide context for WSDL extension Sunil proposed. A syntax for general capabilities does remain in WSDL 2.0, some specifics still up in the air with some opposition in general as well. Doug suggested words about agreement context for reliable delivery message exchange with comments about work on syntax for such agreements continuing elsewhere. Jeff M. would prefer a normative syntax in our specification. Jacques suggested this syntax be normative iff agreement (capabilities) is described in WSDL 1.1 (normative but not REQUIRED). Also discussed whether defining a namespace for this WSDL extension made it normative, as opposed to simply available for use. Left open for return to email.

24 Feb 2004: See email Proposal to resolve REL-49
Uses a backporting of WSDL 2.0 features and properties

Resolution:
REL-77
Spec
feature
Design
Active
Title: Meet Realization, R7.4 requirement
Proposal:
Resolution:
REL-78
Spec
feature
Design
Active
Title: Meet Compatibility, R8.1 requirement

R8.1.1
The Specification shall not preclude the use of Web Service message attachments. (see also issue REL-10)
R8.1.2
Insure that the Specification is usable in combination with WSS SOAP Message Security to implement secure reliable messaging. (see also issue REL-25)
Proposal: Attachments split to new issue REL-100
Resolution:
REL-92
Spec
feature
Design
Active
Title: Meet Realization, R7.5 requirement
Proposal:
Resolution:
REL-104
Spec
meta
Design
Active
Title: Spec and schema conflicts

Is the spec or schema normative when they are in conflict?

Proposal:
Resolution:
REL-119
Spec
feature
Design
Active
Title: Issue on Callback for Poll Request
Proposal: See mail New Issue
Resolution: